Design, Install, Inspect, and Manage Trenchless Technology Piping Projects
Trenchless Technology Piping offers comprehensive coverage of pipe installation, renewal, and replacement using trenchless technology methods. This step-by-step resource explains how to implement efficient design, construction, and inspection processes and shows how to save time and money with a state-of-the-art project management system.
Packed with detailed illustrations, the book surveys the wide variety of trenchless technologies available and discusses the recommended applications for each. This cutting-edge engineering tool also contains vital information on contracting, project delivery, safety, quality control, and quality assurance.
- Trenchless technology methods for new pipe installations and old pipe linings and replacements
- Pipeline planning and design
- Pipe behavior under soil and traffic loads
- Details on different types of pipes, such as concrete, plastic, PVC, HDPE, GRP, and metallic
- Design and project management considerations for horizontal directional drilling (HDD)
- Trenchless replacement systems, including pipe bursting and pipe removal methods
- Construction and inspection requirements for cured-in-place pipe (CIPP)
- Design and construction considerations for pipe jacking and microtunneling methods
- Quality assurance, quality control, inspection, and safety