Design and construct furniture that works with the help of the most complete visual guide ever published! It’s all here:
- Ideas and Inspiration. A visual source of information ranging from furniture styles and dimensions to joinery. The essence of more than 100 classic furniture pieces is captured in highly detailed, exploded drawings.
- Standards. Take the guesswork out of designing kitchen cabinets, dining tables, desks, bookcases, and chests by applying the time-honored dimension and ergonomic standards shown here.
- Options and Alternatives. With more than 150 joints and subassemblies at your fingertips, you’ll be able to easily alter appearance or construction of any project.
- Construction Solutions. More than 1,300 drawings take you inside the furniture and show you classic solutions to age-old problems, such as hanging a drawer, attaching a tabletop, and pegging a mortise.
- Plans. If you don’t have the time or inclination to design your own furniture, sources to locate the plans for most of the furniture pieces are included.
Illustrated Cabinetmaking is the most complete visual guide to furniture construction ever published. It includes hundreds of clearly-labeled drawings and exploded diagrams that explain everything there is to know about joints, subassemblies and furniture design.
Featuring each piece in highly-detailed, exploded drawings and applying time-honored dimensions and ergonomic standards, this comprehensive visual sourcebook takes the guesswork out of furniture joinery, assembly, dimension, and style. Woodworkers of any skill level will benefit from more than 1,300 crisp and detailed drawings that explain classic solutions to age-old problems, such as hanging a drawer, attaching a tabletop, and pegging a mortise.